View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 07:34 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4526 Post(s)
Liked 4,230 Times in 2,830 Posts
It is generally bad form to add to old dormant threads. You did the right thing creating a new one. I would much rather have new threads then dredging up old threads unless you have some really pertinent info that just has to be shared in that thread and is extremely related to the original topic and really couldn't go anywhere else without being completely silly and ridiculous but those are few and far between.

In terms of this your crank will determine what BB you need generally so I would check the spec there.

In your case your local shop will be able to get you the correct B.B. and confirm data for you on the width but if the current BB was working in terms of length then just stick with the 113 in the correct width. However you can always bring them the B.B. to get the right one. If you are looking cheap the UN-300 is Shimano's only current choice but that means very little because your local shop might have some older 73mm B.B.s hanging around I know my second to last shop before my own had a bunch of them before closing in 2023 so you might find a higher end Shimano variant still. If nothing else Phil Wood, IRD Defiant/QB-95 or SKF make really good quality B.B.s.