Old 05-02-24, 09:30 AM
Maxey

Bikes: Some old ones and some new ones

Liked 240 Times in 113 Posts
I've been making some slow progress on the Project 7.

I touched up any scratches on the frame with some celeste touch up paint I located on ebay. I don't think this paint would work on any of the more metallic celestes, but it works great on what I guess you would call classic celeste. Unless you look really, really closely the match is great. Frame now looks next-to-new and will get fully cleaned and polished tonight.

There was one spot on the 'Grizzly' decal on the drive side that had a small chunk torn out of it. This picture isn't the best because I cropped a previous photo to zoom in on the spot. It's between the L and the Y, and you can see where part of the black zigzag graphic is gone:

So how to make a nice improvement to the damaged decal? With a Sharpie and some long dormant stippling skills. Turned out well I think:

Scored these sweet NOS Bianchi branded SPD pedals off of ebay and installed them after removing the old SPDs the bike came with -

Things left to do: Install the new tires, Soma Shikoro 700x38c with brown sidewalls (supposed to arrive today), install a more appropriate seatpost (also on the way), slightly wider & higher handlebars in silver alloy (yep, also on the way), then a new seat and grips, I'm thinking dark brown would go well with the celeste and brownwall tires, but am going to wait until I see what the tires look like installed. Will post more updates as I progress.

Last edited by Maxey; 05-02-24 at 09:39 AM.
Likes For Maxey: