Old 05-03-24, 10:14 AM
Kontact

Liked 1,805 Times in 1,175 Posts
Originally Posted by One Wheel
First, because it's just not as elegant of a solution. Second, because I might find out somebody is already doing what I want (the Speeco ABB is pretty darn close). Third, because if people start talking about a potential product there's a chance that manufacturers might make it. If I only tell my cows about it then it's not gonna happen. Fourth, because maybe there's an actual good reason why nobody's making it, and I want to know that before I try to make a prototype.
My opinion is that your design is not at all elegant, and won't be produced. The point of the tops is to have a hand position while sitting up, and moving them so far back is going to interfere with the upper legs while climbing out of the saddle, and put your hands too close to both your body and the steering axis while seated. And all to provide a time trial position for breakaway efforts.

And they look terrible. Perhaps a better overall solution would carbon bars with an aero wing on the tops that is 12cm long, front to back.