Old 05-04-24, 08:07 AM
Koyote

Liked 11,395 Times in 4,866 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I think high end product pricing is probably a mix of brand and quality. Some random off-label maker could get their hands on the same fabrics and stitching and sell for a good amount less.
I think before people post these opinions, they should tell us about their experience with "high end" cycling apparel. Without real experience, these are largely uninformed opinions. (Not accusing you of this per se. Just a general point.)

Also, when you attribute high product pricing to the brand name, bear in mind that that often brings tangible benefits. Two examples: I once crashed in a fairly new Assos jersey; sent in a couple pics, and they declined to repair it but did send me a substantial discount code for a replacement. Also once accidentally put a small tear in a nearly new Rapha jersey -- which was totally my fault; they sent me a discount code equal to the price I'd paid for the jersey. (And my local seamstress repaired the tear for about $7.) I'm pretty sure that no-name brands wouldn't offer those perks.