tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 869 Times in 609 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Huh? I don't know folding bikes? Where did that come from? If you are going to extoll the virtues of a smaller wheel for daily travel in a situation I am not on multi-modal transportation it really isn't there a larger wheel rolls better and holds speed better. I understand yes you can ride a folding bike just about anywhere and there are companies like Brompton, Tern and others that make some great bikes but why would I get a bike that does something I don't need for my daily usage especially as the OP stated he was a larger person and just about every single folding bike I have looked at has a weight limit sometimes on the lower 200s and sometimes in the mid 200s.

I don't hate or misunderstand folding bikes I have sold them and worked on them for years. I fully understand their usage but also recommend heavily that people get the most practical bike for their riding and if you are not regularly on multi-modal transportation a smaller wheel folding bike doesn't make as much sense.
Did you see the 2 bikes I suggested with weight limits of 300lbs & 360lbs? Even Dahon has multiple, though more expensive, folders with a 300lb weight capacity? The issue of "folders don't support heavy riders" is dead. Even the bike I'd contemplated importing (Java Fit) supports 300lb riders.