View Single Post
Old 05-11-24, 01:35 AM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 394 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuto
Lovely photos. The cycling infrastructure looks more developed than here in Japan. Ideal for credit card touring. Are you recording your rides on Strava or elsewhere? I'd like to follow along if that's ok.
Hi, bro, thanks. Though I've been to Japan and will return next month, I have never cycled in Nippon so I can't say which country has more developed cycling infrastructure. What I can say, based on now three tours in the ROK, is that it's a very convenient, safe and accesible place for staying on the official bike paths or striking out on secondary regular roads. In the Deep South, in Jeollanam province, traffic is very sparse and there's a lot of extremely quiet, bucolic even tertiary farming roads. I love them cuz there's hardly anyone there save for farmers farming, zero cyclists and zero tourists.

Typical tertiary farm road. Empty, zero traffic and very chill. The Real Rural Korea.

Sorry, I don't track routes anywhere but in my head. Happy to share what I know and the routes I've covered.

If you are in Japan, there are daily shuttle ferry service between Fukuoka or Osaka to/from Busan.
Likes For Ron Damon: