Old 05-11-24, 09:59 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by One Wheel
What's the consensus here? If time isn't an issue, are $50 GP5000s worth the risk? I want the tires, but for a build that I'm just starting, and will take me several weeks at best.
OP here. I'd say your chances of getting the tires in around two to three weeks is 50-60%. If they don't have the tires in stock when you place your order, it may take much longer (several months). There's probably a 20-30% chance of that happening. The remaining 10-20%... they'll ship the tires to you, the shipping company will "lose" them (in my case, right there at the warehouse in Girona), and if you don't make a claim for a refund within three to four months, tough luck, you lose your money.

Regarding my situation, Bikeinn's shipping company apparently "lost" my parcel (there's no record of it ever leaving their Girona warehouse) and I ended up getting a refund, but it took over three months and required much back and forth by email, and I had to fill in an "manually sign" a stupid form. It was a PITA to deal with and their customer service is practically non-existent. YMMV.