View Single Post
Old 05-13-24, 07:40 PM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked 1,115 Times in 427 Posts
31 miles and 4500' of climbing.

My favorite local "HC" rated climb was finally free of snow, so I did that today...the climb itself is 10 miles, 3200', and a 6% average gradient. The average doesn't quite tell the whole story, as it's punctuated with a handful of short false flats. Anyway, averaged over 290 watts for the bulk of the climb...I managed to lift the tempo towards the top and average 4.0 w/kg for the last 20 minutes of the climb. Humblebrag...beat my PR by a minute and if I can find another minute(actually doable IMO,) I can overtake a pro CX'er for the #2 spot on Strava. It's seldom done as a segment, despite being a legit road climb, otherwise I'd normally not feature anywhere near the top 10 on a big road climb like this.

Partway down the descent...you can barely see the road ahead on the 2nd away ridge:

Thunderstorms started moving in on the way back up...was hearing thunder in the closing miles of the climb:
Likes For Sierra_rider: