View Single Post
Old 06-27-07, 03:30 AM
fiddlefixins
East Tennessee

Bikes: Fuji Pro, Windsor Bradford, Steve Perry, Santana, Fisher tandem, Schwinn KOM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Velo Vol - another cycling attorney. I went to UT law, I vaguely recall.

My wife Gianna and I ride around western Blount County mostly. Generally leave from our shop Gianna Violins on Unitia Road just west of Friendsville most mornings about 8:30. 25 miles usually. Also head up to Foothills Parkway, the Dragon, etc. Over into Loudon County over the bridge on 321. Sometimes other places.

Thinking about doing a little mountain biking. I feel I'm probably too old and wise to do that, but I have a bike and so does she. Might be fun.

I've been riding since the early 1970s. Lately have been riding an XFusion AL/Carbon frame, Veloce, FSA compact. A bit harsh after 40 miles or so. Picked up a "Windsor Bradford" - XFusion XLT/carbon. Both are Kenesis productions. Different design to the Bradford and the lighter tubing. Seems smoother and more supple. Don't know how it climbs. Full DA except American Classic wheels. Still in the evaluation stage. Love the components, so if the frame doesn't pan out I'll find something cool to hand them on. She's got one and really enjoys it, that's why I got one.

We generally ride at a moderate pace. About 20 on gentle stuff, average about 15 or 16. We're faster without each others company. Tend to goof off and talk, all that social stuff when riding together. Company would be fun, if anyone wants to ride out in this direction.