View Single Post
Old 10-28-07, 01:24 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
I picked this up yesterday at a garage sale. (I really like those garage sale finds.) This is certainly an entry level bike, probably the lowest in the Fuji line-up, maybe one from the bottom. However, it has an interesting shifter set. It's a Suntour Accushift (index), 6 speed, stem set-up. It works great. The frame is chro-moly, NOT butted. It's not very lively, actually a sort of dead frame. I was somewhat excited with this find because it's a Fuji, the frame size is close to ideal for me and it has index shifting. But after riding it and weighing it (about 26lbs), I think I'm going to remove the shifters and rear dr, then flip it as a friction shifting bike.
Now for the numbers. Bad news, I could not find a date code on the front DR. It says Suntour and that's all.
The rear DR is code DG, or July 1987.
The frame code is F7097750. I know, that does not line up with the other 1987 frame code numbers.
Based on the rear DR code, I'm guessing this bike was an early 1988 model. There was a second code number, 0C 054. I have no idea what that code means. Although the frame code numbers do not line up with other 1987 frames, it does line up with my previous post for a 1993 Fuji Club with the first number being the year of manufacture. Perhaps Fuji used different code numbers for different levels of bikes? I'll leave further analysis to T-Mar.
PS, I used chalk to highlight the frame numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fuji Absolute 001.jpg (55.6 KB, 268 views)
Fuji Absolute 002.jpg (63.1 KB, 243 views)
Fuji Absolute 003.jpg (61.6 KB, 254 views)
Fuji Absolute 004.jpg (53.0 KB, 242 views)
Fuji Absolute 005.jpg (51.1 KB, 240 views)
Fuji Absolute 006.jpg (51.9 KB, 235 views)