View Single Post
Old 10-30-07, 04:06 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it does not line up with the other 1987 serial numbers. I only have one in my data base. Maybe this was the year they changed? And, if it is a 1988 model as you suggest, maybe it changed for the 1988 model year? We'll have to wait and hope that more data for 1987-1989 shows up.

Might the 054 be the frame size, ctt? It looks pretty small, though I don't know why they would go to the extra cost of prefacing it with a zero.

reagardless, thxs for posting.
T-Mar, Good One! The seat tube is 54cm from the center of the BB to the top of the tube. I had guessed this was an early 1988 frame, and was the 54th frame of this model turned out by the frame manufacturer. But that's just a guess. This frame was made in Taiwan. The frame label states it was "Specially Designed For Fuji America".
BTW, I think you are right, maybe this was the year Fuji changed their serial number format. I guess we'll have to wait for more information from others. As always, thanks for your feedback.