Old 05-20-09, 02:00 PM
Leiniesred
South Denver Commuter

Bikes: 2003 Spec. Epic, 200ish Bianchi Milano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IH85B for me. I have used it almost daily for >1 year. I love it!

When you ride the same general MUPs to work for 3+years, it gets a little uh, boring. The ih85 changes all that. Yep. It gets rained and snowed on. Nope. Never had a problem with it shutting on/off. It is one of those things that "just works." Simple handlebar remote. Plenty of volume 99% of the time.

I use rechargable AAs recharged by our small home solar power plant for the ih85b. I charge the ipod via solar too. (Even if I charge from other sources our house is 100% windsource powered too.)

The ih85b gets used as the garage radio when I work on a car. It is also easy to toss it into the room I'm working on during house work or chores. We use the thing all the time. Its instant portability is great.

The IH85b (b for black) is one of those gadgets that "just works." A simple remote on the handlebars has limited functions to be sure; but what do you REALLY need while you are riding? FF, RR volume up, volume down, play/pause. That's enough for me, a member of the walkman generation.

1 beef with the thing. The 7.5 volt external power plug will charge the ipod, but not the AA batteries that power the device. Yes, I realize that not everyone uses rechargable batteries and they simply can't do it because someone would forget and the thing would try to charge regular batteries and the rig would blow up in his or her face and blah blah blah.

Another item of note is "Ipod only." That means only DOCKABLE ipods. ipod shuffles won't work either.