Old 06-03-09, 03:04 AM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SSBully
I guess if you repeat something enough, people will start to believe it, and the more people that believe it, the closer it becomes to being truth. Kinda like Santa Clause and the easter bunny.

If you want to run crappy wheels, made from crappy components, and built by a machine, then yes, 36h will help you to hedge your bets against breakeage. Guess who's wheels haven't had to be trued once since being built 2 seasons ago.....MINE! Guess who hasn't broke a single spoke......ME! Guess who's a Clyde riding on some of the worst roads in the country, daily........ME!

However, if you run a wheel made with quality components, handbuilt by a competent wheelsmith, properly relieved/trued/tensioned, then you don't need a 36h minimum wheel. .
Wow, welcome to the world of no freedom of speech. I make mention that the above quote is the most ignorant statement I've heard all year on this forum, and that for the poster thinking that 36 spoke wheels are all cheap crappy wheels was also ignorant and the poster had to be poser and this fricken BikeForum deletes it!!!!!

And Bike Forum janitor, I didn't threaten the guy, I didn't call him a name except for posing as a cyclist, which if you read his post you would agree with me!!!

Anyway SSBULLY; why don't you E-Mail Peter White at: http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/Wheels.asp and tell him what you think of his "cheap crappy" 36 spoke wheels he makes. By the way, he makes the best wheels in the industry and is the foremost custom wheel builder in the world. I'm sure Peter would enjoy a good laugh, doubt though he would bother even answering your silly remarks!!!!