Thread: Best Sub 1k SS?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-09, 11:01 AM
PedallingATX
Comanche Racing

Bikes: Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshaircut
In that case, I kind of like the cross bike option. Several of my friends have them and I've seen them take their bikes everywhere. My only reservation is that a real road bike or real track bike is a *lot* better for the streets. But they tend to be less versatile. On the upside, I know this is true for where I live at least, your streets may be ragged enough to warrant something a little more rugged!
Yeah something like the San Jose wil have relaxed geometry, but you are going to want to change out the tires on it to increase your speed (or not, if you don't care about going fast). Once you do put slicks on a San Jose, I think it would look kinda weird w/ the cantilever brakes and everything. That's why I say you should go w/ a Steamroller or Sputnik---2 good bikes w/ relaxed geometry that are meant for on-road use. Again, if you are planning to use this off road or on bad roads, maybe a CX bike is best for you....