View Single Post
Old 07-02-09, 11:50 AM
supramax
Temporary Earthling

Bikes: Raliegh 'Grande Prix', Fiori 'Modena', Cannondale 'Something or other' and a Specialized 'Globe Sport'.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the spin guru
I recently got the topeak tour guide handle bar bag. My thoughts on the bag are that 1. The bag is well designed and looks very nice 2. at 5 litres has a fair bit of space for adds and sods with ample pockets. 3. Comes with a map holder.
The down side to the bag I found was the mouting system Niehter of the rings that came with mounting bracket fit my handle bar. I found that it made the bag sat too high up on my bike. The map holder was not designed for cue sheets in mind and certainly not water proof.

After doing a bunch of 200km's and a 300km ride with this bag I opted to take the bag off. I don't think this is a great randonneuring handle bar bag but certainly would make a great touring bag.

On the other side this bag is well priced at $65.00 and very nicley built.
You can tell from the pictures, that my bag isn't angled upwards like they recommend, but parallel to the ground. It would be easy to raise the female attachment on the bag, so that the bag would sit lower. The only reason I haven't done that is because my lights are underneath the bag.
It has a rain cover, you know.