Old 07-29-09, 06:01 PM
turtlewoman

Bikes: Peugeot something 1975

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Hi breadbin,
Thanks for the encouragement from you and everybody else!! It's been awesome. I really think that this thread touched a nerve with a lot of people. I thought I would be in the minority, worrying or even being aware of what others say. But I have definitely decided that tomorrow I am going to get myself some bike shorts. I get paid tomorrow, so I'm just going to bike the bullet and go to the LBS and see what they have and possibly to REI. I like to shop at a local shop and support the local economy if I can. But I am going to do it!!!!! I've gotten too much encouragement not to. And what's more when I get them I'm going to wear them----outside the house even!! I'm going to kick some a** and take names!!! Take no prisoners!!! And all that hyperbolic, super self-pumping up stuff!!!
Oh, and Breadbin, I will to to the Collective and see if I can find a quill seat post that will fit your bike. I could send it to you, no problem. Is there a size that I need to know? I will be going back there on Sunday so let me know. We have a huge box of all kinds of seat posts, I'll bet I can find one.
I'll let you know what I come up with. Oh, PM me with your address and any size information.
Keep the faith,
Kate