View Single Post
Old 04-25-09, 11:16 AM
muccapazza
brain damaged bovine

Location: back on the dental floss ranch, wielding zircon encrusted tweezers

Bikes: Schwinn wrecked ol' Probe 1x2, 84 Bianchi Limited,Cannondale F400,Raleigh 20 folder,78 Schwinn LeTour III Fixed Gear,Redline Conquest Pro,71-73 Gitane TdF,Gitane Grand Sport de Luxe,78 Raleigh Super Course,80 Schwinn World Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll add my S/N. I have a made in Japan Bianchi Limited, of Ishiwata Cro-Mo steel. It has the Takagi crank, Suntour Cyclone m-II derailers, and DiaCompe 500 brakes. The rear spacing was curiously 128mm, my guess is that was during the transition from 126 to the more common today 130mm OLD, whatever it sure made it easy to upgrade to 9 speed cassette from the 6 speed freewheel it came with.

Any way, the S/N is CS480940, and I am curious what year the bike was made.

One other note, it is silver with yellow lettering which is hard to see in person and impossible to see in pictures, kind of reminds me of those Bush/Quayle convention posters where Quayle was put in red on the blue background so it wouldn't show up in the newspaper photos. Was Bianchi similarly distancing itself from the Japanese models, or was it simply incredily poor graphics design?