Old 12-07-14, 12:20 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
I'm a strong believer that Cadence is King on the track. Cadence and Speed are much more important than power (in my not-so-humble opinion).
Carleton- I know you have said this before, but can you expand on how you would create or modify a program based on cadence and speed alone?
while i have had very good success in a season with no data other than top speed and time- recorded with a stopwatch and cheap speedo that cost less than $50 total. That is simply recording progress. And times are Condition dependent.
Using Power allows you to record output on race days and then create training situations based on the output for a specific duration.. Its like knowing your 1-rep Squat Max and then doing rep-schemes based on a percentage of that number. all the while you know the relation between training output and race day output and you can know that if output in training is raising- so is race day... its like using a "1-rep-max calculator".. "if i can do this set of intervals at X-watts then my 1-off effort is likely X+Ywatts

how would you change a days training based on cadence data?