Old 10-18-21, 09:33 AM
Enyrb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a new bike and it was delivered missing parts

Hello,

I bought a bike which was supposed to be 100% assembled however when I unpacked it there were no pedals. I contacted the office and they assured me they would send me the pedals within 2 working days. I checked their registration and it turns out that the bike was fully checked signed and stamped before dispatch and I found it quite weird they have missed both pedals! I took it to a bike shop nearby to fit new ones and on the left side it fitted okay but on the right side it didn’t fit at all! All this fitting and trying scratched the black surface of the pedal arm ever so slightly. I told the company that the mechanic said it had a malfunction right arm, and they asked for pictures. I want to know how I should respond to the bike shop if they accuse the issue is mine and I shouldn’t have scratched. After all, they said they would ship pedals for me to install anyway! So regardless of the situation there would have been few wench scratches on the arm. Plus they should have sent the bike fully assembled as checked by their wrong quality control.
any inputs on how I should approach this please? Shall I ask for a replacement/refund or even mention court action if they try to blame me? Plus should I pay for any collection or delivery for returns etc? Thank you!