TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
It is going to get better...stay positive. Cyclists going into the gym for leg strength training is like walking into a mine field. Even though, we have big legs and strong quads, the rest is pretty weak and we have poor lateral soft tissue strength. Not a doc, I just ride these things but more than likely you tweaked some soft tissue. And any force, even your z2 on the trainer is going to tweak that injured soft tissue again and you will not get immediate pain response. Hence, it feels great on the trainer but after you get off, it swells up a bit and then boom it f's up your donut run. I have been there done that too many times. One thing to do is know that it is going to swell after the trainer and keep the force way low and then ice afterwords. Have the donuts delivered. Once again, it is going to get better.
Yeah, it's definitely healing up, and after the various injuries I've had the past couple of seasons I know I'll be back to my best after a month or two. It's giving me a lot of time to study for the GRE at least!