Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 355 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Interesting bike. I took a look at its Geo though, it has a 70.3 degree HT angle with 73 degree ST angle. What if anything does this imply about its handling characteristics? Most bikes have those 2 angles closer together.
I have a Gunnar Roadie, lovely bike, light pretty much the other direction geometry wise though. At 70 pushing 71 before this one will be built out I find the Gunnar not relaxing to ride, it’s fun it’s quick but I need to focus all the time which takes some of the joy out of longer rides. I work at a bike shop but couldn’t find a frame that gave me what I wanted that didn’t come as a complete bike. I considered a Defy with 105 where I could pull the groupset and sell it but that didn’t really appeal to me. This was announced it was available in my size the frame price was reasonable so I pulled the trigger.

The only challenge I foresee so far is that I may have to use a bbinfinite bottom bracket since it appears Campy is slow to get their T47 86 Ultra Torque cups to the states.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er