Old 01-11-21, 08:29 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 111 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1109:

25°F this morning with a 12 mph headwind. This January has been unseasonably warm here in South Dakota. Normally it's rare we ever see daytime highs above freezing, but so far almost every day has gotten into the low to mid 30s. As a result, most of the ice from last week's snow has melted off the pavement.

Given this fact, I took my hybrid today instead of one of my winter bikes. I could easily ride around and avoid most of the icy spots, but there were a few places where I had to cross them. I unclipped and went slow, making sure to keep as straight of a line as I could until I was across. Made it with no incidents, so it's all good. It was nice getting 2-3 additional MPH with no additional effort as compared to my winter bikes.

Got to work and realized I forgot to pack my shaving kit. So no comb, deodorant or shave after my shower. Then I put on my dress pants and realized I mistakenly packed the belt I normally wear with my jeans. Wasn't my best performance last night when I packed up my gear before bed. lol