Old 01-19-21, 08:28 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1115:

The balmy January weather continues, with this morning's temp being 28°F. There was a 15 mph headwind, however, so that slowed me down. I also wore my balaclava and goggles, which normally don't get worn until the temps drop below 20°F, but fighting the wind I'm glad I had them on.

Snow was falling, but I don't think we're going to get anything more than a dusting today. Rode the fat bike. Most of the MUP is clear enough to have ridden my hybrid, but the back streets are still in pretty rough shape from the last snow so I wanted the bigger tires.

Today I'm getting called back to work from the client's office. This is the second time they've called us back since the COVID thing hit. They sent us home last April, then called us back towards the end of August, and then sent us home again in early November. This last stint I worked from home for a few weeks but found my home situation not conducive to being productive, so I chose to work from our company office instead which I've been doing since early December.

I have a meeting at our company location later this morning, so I rode here first. After the meeting I'll then ride 8 miles across town to the client's location. By the time I get home tonight I should have roughly 20 miles logged.