View Single Post
Old 04-11-21, 08:36 PM
jma1st3r
Scrubby duff

Bikes: Kona JTS, Norco Sasquatch 07(had), Giant Fastroad SLR 17(had)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
To summarize very briefly, I think that other than stack and reach, you'd want to consider the chainstay length, and consequently how slack or steep the seat tube angle is. Then you'll get factors such as the head tube angle paired with fork rake and the way this affects trail. These are probably the main variables other than top tube and stem length which dictate the way you are balance over the bike.

i think that handling response would mainly be dictated by how low i can reasonably and comfortably I can get low on the bike. Tire and rim diameter would be another big factor other than the stem or frame itself. I think I will fit really well onto the bike with the 130mm stem I am planning to get.

The way you ride will have a big impact on weight distribution. When I am riding quickly, keeping my weight out of the saddle and into the cranks as I pedal really helps with weight distribution and can make you go quite fast without spending much more energy. I try to avoid riding with my weight in the saddle because it's not as stable or efficient.
Forget chainstay length.

Its like the rwd/awd/fwd, live axle, double wish bone, macpherson strut, independent suspension argument in a vehicle. If you are just doing A to B, it wont matter. If you PREFER something, that different story all together.

Handling parameters matters alittle when you are fitting your bike. Since you probably wont find the extrems on your riding style, it wouldnt matter that much.

More riding, less theorizing.

​​​​If you find something worth noting, put it on the shelf or into the database. Not everyone need to know, or will find it useful. We are all kinda stuck to our own findings.

​​​​