Old 08-02-22, 11:47 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Donw9876
This is driving me friggin nuts. Ok, so I checked out Lake's website. They have a dealer locator. There is one 10 mi away from me, another 30 mi away, and the next closest ones are 100 mi.

I called the local guy and yup, just like I figured. They have almost no inventory "but we can order anything you want", and I can too myself, without a 20 mile round trip just to find out they don't work for me.

And the other shop that is local states on their website that their Lake offerings start at 370. !@&(*!@

Well, it looks like I can direct order from Lake. Probably do that. A local fitting by a LBS seems to be impossible. It was so easy to find something that fit years ago.
I kind of went through the same thing with Lake - my local shops had some in stock, but not Wide options in my size and/or price range. As much as I favor supporting local shops, at that point, it just made sense to order direct.

The process was pretty painless, though I did have to send a set of shoes back because the fit was close, but not quite right. After literally years of trying to find something that worked locally, a week or two of shipping back and forth wasn't a big deal and, more importantly, it got the job done.