Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by nlaughton
Whole thing will get cancelled due to corona virus
I'm with you on this one.

Japan has cancelled school for March, and I'm sure they'll be willing to take more drastic measures if they feel it necessary. The culture is such that they will sacrifice self interest in the interest of the group.

Countries and areas with more elderly people will be especially affected since the virus seems to be much more lethal to those over 60. Based on the data from China, it seems that the fatality rate is low (0.2-0.4%) for those under 50, breaks 1% for 50-59, 3% for 60+, and 14% for 80+. I could see why, for example, Japan cancelled school for March - they have one of the oldest and densely packed populations around.

I think the entire season for everything is at risk. I'm talking F1 (they postponed China, a second Italian venue bid to hold a race, then Italy had the outbreak...), cycling Classics and Grand Tours, soccer, rugby.

I may be Chicken Little crying about the sky falling but I don't see much changing in the next few weeks.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Likes For carpediemracing: