View Single Post
Old 12-05-20, 08:00 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 665 Posts
I remember that Peugeot and the fact that you painted it with a brush from your MyTenSpeeds site. With good prep work and good application of paint, brush paint can look every bit as good as spray, especially where the paint is a traditional solid color (rather than a metallic). I am looking forward to seeing this though.

Are you going to tint the paint at all or paint straight Rustoleim Sunburst Yellow? I have used that paint and can say it is quite bright which might have been exactly how the yellow paint started out. Or not. Tinting Rustoleum paint, for some reason seems to be tricky. I had the Sunburst Yellow that I mixed with Regal Red in order to get a orange. I did get orange but not the bright orange that I was looking for it was a slightly muddy tint of orange.

If you tint it, it will be only slight so I don't think you will have any problems. Of course, try a small sample first.

By the way, one of the things that I like about brushing the paint is that it is a thicker coat than a sprayed coat.

Keep us posted on the progress, perhaps even a step by step update. I think most interesting will be the change from the first color coat to the second.
Likes For Velo Mule: