Old 05-06-21, 08:41 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by Ataylor
Oh, I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it was the opposite. Why would you choose hookless over hooked? What are the major selling points for you?
I look at it as "why would I choose hooked over hookless?" If hooks aren't needed to retain the tire, hookless is easier to manufacture, saves weight, has better resistance to impact damage and present a great/aero tire/rim transition.

As for depth, outside of actual riding experience, are there any objective ways to tell how a wheel will handle?
Not that I'm aware of. Read reviews by those with valid comparisons and take it all with a grain of salt.

One other thing. What tires do you use with your 303s?
I've only had them for a little less than a year, so I've only used them with Schwalbe Pro One Evo Addix and Michelin Power Road TLRs. The Schwalbe are awesome. The Michelin (which are currently mounted) are excellent, but maybe not quite as supple as the Schwalbe. I also have Pirelli PZero Race SL sitting on a shelf, but I don't know if I'll be able to burn through the Michelin and get to them this year.