View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 02:54 PM
Jburrow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnk3
Be sure to check out their Facebook page and Instagram pages for lots of photos. Barco has been in business since 1947.
Also: https://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/66...rco-xcr-review which is the same bike as mine except for the seat and wheels.
Gunnar/Waterford makes very nice bikes. I gave them a hard look, but there are a lot of costs and as I recall the production time was lengthy.
When I first started looking at Barco I was looking at an old style lugged frame bike, but then I already have two of those, a Simoncini and a Cinelli. I wanted this to be the most modern high tech steel frame. It is made from Columbus XCr which is very expensive, the tube set retails for almost $1,000, and is the most modern high tech metallurgy in the steel bike industry. Also it has direct mount Campy brakes which are new. They look a lot better than disc brakes and never need adjusting. If you want an old school lugged frame, I just bought a new old stock 1986 Cinelli Supercorsa frame for about $1,000. I love how it rides. I outfitted it with a new 12 sp Campy Super Record group set. I note that Campy now has a 13 sp cassette that uses a single chainring.

I really appreciate the response! I will most definitely check out the social media of Barco. I browsed their website - very nice stuff!