Old 07-31-21, 09:31 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
End of July Update. Second ride after second wax application, 33 miles this morning, so total mileage is about 58 miles. Over the course of about the latter half of my ride, the chain seems to sound noisier compared to similar mileage on lube, but not in a bad way. It is a bit hard to describe; the chain sounds louder mechanically when just pedaling along, but no squeaks, scrapes or other friction sounds. No shifting issues. Dark grey wax flakes on entire drivetrain which brush off easily and do not stain fingers. The mileage I can get on this wax application may indicate the cleanliness of the chain and whether it needs to go through another cleaning prior to the next wax application.
I only noticed some additional noise on my 19 cog, for some reason, everything else is pretty quiet. I read somewhere that wax chains can be a little more noisy that what you are use too, but don't remember where I read that.