View Single Post
Old 08-09-21, 03:04 PM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2439 Post(s)
Liked 3,128 Times in 1,967 Posts
Blue Mavic Cosmic wheels with black and orange striped tires. blue stripes would work slightly less well...

...thats my answer and I am sticking with it! Stella needs blue....!!!!

Originally Posted by Andy_K
For various reasons I recently began to suspect that something wasn't quite right with the wheels on my Stella. To test this theory, I swapped in a set of spare wheels that I had more confidence in. As I suspected, this improved the ride of the bike, but it leaves me with a dilemma over aesthetics. Given that I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fix whatever was wrong with the old wheels, should I put the original polished silver wheels back on or stick with black rims. As a lifelong Orioles fan, I've got a soft spot for orange and black, but I'm not entirely convinced. I've got a couple of pictures in the same spot for comparison, but unfortunately there are other variables at play, such as different lighting and skin wall tires vs. solid. I can't do anything about the lighting, but I will offer the tire options as a second variable for the poll.

Silver?

Or black?