View Single Post
Old 08-09-21, 03:52 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
First, that's really impressive photo touch-up to have done in a short time. I'm particularly impressed that you went to the trouble of removing the seat bag's zipper pull hanging down in front of the wall.

Beyond that, the black seat post and stem would have to grow on me a bit more. I see what you're saying about the interplay of the colors, but I guess I have a bit of a mental block about it. On a more practical note, that may be irrelevant given the French tubing on this bike. Most non-French stems need a bit of sanding to fit in the steerer, and while I was surprised to see that there are black 26.4 seat posts available, they look kind of low end. Black stem and seat post also seem to be another step into the 80's or 90's.
Thanks, Andy. That's the magic of the clone tool in Photoshop (in addition to being able to use it effectively). Low end seatpost designs and smaller than 22.2mm quill diameters will kill my Photoshopped idea real quick, but the exploration has merit, and maybe someone else will come across it and it will help them in sorting out color and composition. At this juncture, I'd sort out the wheels via truing or whatever (I dislike radial truing as well, and always hope my methodical tensioning and lateral truing will do the radial truing for me--usually it does most of it!) and mount some tan wall tires on it.