View Single Post
Old 12-04-21, 11:12 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I was talking about this bike in particular not BD bikes in general. I would re-read what I wrote it might help explain or clarify at least. If you are saying a freewheelin' tourney equipped bike is huge steps up from Wally-Mart you know nothing about bikes to quote you back. It is small steps and if someone held a gun to my head and said Huffy or Fauxtobecane cafe yada yada I would pick the Fauxtobecane of course.
1- it costs $500. You continually claim it costs $800, but that is incorrect.
2- you can rip on the bike all you want, but I already documented how it is nearly identical in spec to a Trek FX1. Same 7speed freewheel entry level drivetrain and more. The Motobecane has a nicer handlebar and is $50 cheaper.
The Trek FX1 is a huge selling bike, in rim and disc brake.
basically, what's your point that it's barely above a big box offering? If that's correct(it isn't), so what? Trek also offers the same bike abs that's clearly a shop brand.
I work on dozens of FX1 bikes each year and while they are very much entry level, they handle abuse very well and are a quality product for the cost. I would expect this Motobecane to be the same, since it's basically the same bike.