View Single Post
Old 10-02-13, 11:40 AM
Yosemite Sam

Bikes: Trek Soho, GT Windstream

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll second the bit about the first ride feeling good. Even though it was short, my thigh muscles showed their appreciation. But yeah, I really need to give it some time.

And I agree, this stuff is nothing to mess around with. If you're having BPH symptoms get it checked. I treated the symptoms for about 4 years before really doing anything about it, and as a result have some bladder (and other) issues that I could have avoided. The idea of a TURP, or even the cystoscopy used to determine the need for the TURP, really turned me off. There can be complications, but they are much rarer than comments on the Internet would lead one to believe. It's like the old bit about customers: A happy one usually doesn't say much, because he expected a good experience. An unhappy one will scream his dissatisfaction from the highest mountain to all that will listen. We tend to hear far more complaints and negatives than praises.

BTW, and FWIW, and all that: I'm 53, which is on the low age side for dealing with this kind of thing, so I'm told.

-- Sam

Last edited by Yosemite Sam; 10-02-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling