View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 08:38 AM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
Interesting topic, especially in light of MTBR’s (for those who have older mtbs) Vintage, Retro, & Classic subforum. It used to be quite lively but now that place is a veritable ghost town.

Most vintage and collectible anything is generational. Stuff people had or wanted when they were younger and are reaching back to get as they age. Bikes transcend that a bit, but the older stuff I like is not what my kids like. I suspect BF C&V will not fall off a cliff like MTBR VR&C since it is not limited to a particular type of older bike.

I get the impression that BF C&V is a bit like Eroica. I guess my bikes are old enough, but I’ve never felt that they meet the correct C&V image so I don’t post there often. I understand that those who have post 1990(?), 2000(?) bikes wouldn’t feel a part of that community.

I have no idea if there is enough interest in newer old bikes to warrant a new subforum. Personally it would make more sense to expand C&V to embrace a rolling cut-off for classic bikes, maybe there is already one, but since I was never really that involved in C&V I have no clue. But time always has a way of sorting these things out.

John