Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Science.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...lained/8858776

Today, for example, is nearly 2/3 of the way through winter in the southern portion of Australia.

Yes I understand some things about the philosophy of science, and that allegedly, the sun does these things...what I really was hoping was for a more indepth insight from experts such as yourselves to say, "Oh...you want to cycle/tour year round, in warmer climate, and see most of the planet? OK...this is what you do..."

I am starting in Colorado, want to spend the rest of the summer exploring Colorado, Utah, Grand Canyon kind of stuff, then possible go up through Montana, head towards upper north west, take advantage of as much of the warm weather left at that point in time, and then continue on...

I can go south, but the south seems to be in quite a bit of disarray, not the safest, and tens of thousands of refuges on the run for their lives might be an indicator that isn't the most brilliant idea in the world. So I am probably going to run into a point where I am not going to want to cycle in the cold (I live in Colorado and have been doing that for years), and continue migrating somehow with warmer weather patterns. If that means at that point I am down in Arizona or upper north west because I stayed up there, then plane, train, automobile it to the next place, and continue on.

I would like to tap into all your experiences instead of recreating the wheel and figure out what is actually doable. I am not a wealthy man and prefer not to be in more expensive places/cities, and not even big cities anymore unless it's something oversea's that needs to be seen. I have read enough and know it's doable, and know I can tour through Asia just as well. So the goal is as much of the world as possible, avoiding cold as much as possible for a while. I have read enough of your journals, watched enough of your videos, and have been lurking this site for years, that I know how to do it (theoretically), that it can be done, that it can be done quite successfully for $27-$30 a day if done right. So if all these things are true, then I want to go do it.

I just did 50 miles, in 98 degree weather, at elevation, and will take a shower, and probably go do another 20-30 miles for fun. That's what I do all the time. So, how do I take that act on the road full time, based on all the things you all have said for years, and have a logical and doable lifelong path to start plotting along.

I know you mentioned Australia, but Australia is one of the more expensive countries in the world to visit. So I do want to see it at some point, but I would need to include it in a pass through rather than go spend a winter there because of the cost of living.

If we really only live once, and I will never get a chance to do this again because of age, health, commitments, tragedy, whatever...then I want to go do this. So what places should I be focused on, for what months, in a continuous path if possible, in the most affordable way?

For as much resources out there that there is, and for as long as I have read this stuff, I don't honestly recall coming across folks directly talking about, "this is how I year round tour and avoid weather..." kind of thing.

I don't have expectations, just trying to understand logically if that is doable, or do I need to start thinking about bike/flying more than just continuous touring?