Old 05-22-22, 01:08 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
I am sure I am effectively preaching to the choir however my 2 Cents worth. Yes tubeless can be a hassle however that hassle occurs at a time of my choosing not on the side of the road at I time which the last thing I would want to do is deal with a puncture. I just completed a month-long credit card tour of Spain, my approach is to spend a day or three in one location exploring before moving on. Thus I prefer a supple lightweight tire rather than the usual touring garden hose. Upon completion of a particularly taxing day on gravel I noticed latex on my legs and shoes while enjoying my post ride beer. Further inspection revealed a substantial cut in the tire. Repairing a puncture with a fully loaded bike on a gravel road baking in the sun is really not an enjoyable experience and one I would prefer to avoid. Next day the cut would not stop weeping and after a quick Dynaplug I never gave it another thought. As stated before the new Silca sealant is transformative and it will convert more than a few cynics after watching it work. As for the legacy complaints regarding tight fitting tires I have mounted Schwalbe, Specialized and Panaracer tires on Roval, Easton as well as two different DT Swiss rims all with minimal problems, nowhere near as bad as mounting a set of Gatorskins.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 05-22-22 at 01:34 PM.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged: