Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinnyLad
This is precisely why a smart UI layout is so crucial. You need to get the right feedback clearly visible from where you mount your phone on the bike, with a minimum of distractions, maybe with audible signals indicating if you "make" or "miss" a checkpoint, that is if you've fallen behind your recorded average for that stretch.
I know what times I've been hitting certain points on my routes. So just looking briefly at my timer, I know if I'm ahead or behind what my previous rides have been. And a glance at the timer prior to starting a segment and when finishing a segment also lets me know how well I did that segment.

However for the most part, I get the most by doing a post ride review of my ride and comparing the data with other segments. I suppose you are wanting such info to give you incentive to go harder. But seems like there should be a better way than being focused on your device no matter how well the UI is laid out. Perhaps you should ride with peers that are ever so slightly better than you.