View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 04:36 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
I take comfort in confirming that my camera will show most license plates that come anywhere close to touching me... and even if that's too late for me, my wife will be able to have a more comfortable life after collecting on it.
I think a lot of people overlook the value of cameras for cycling. Most of these camera type threads have those who say they are a waste of money and / or go on about how they don't prevent an accident..

Most using cameras are well aware that a camera is not going to prevent an accident and understand that the point of them is to capture evidence in the event of one. Even more so if the driver leaves the scene as you are sprawled out on the pavement.. After my previously described accident I started riding with a camera and now I won't ride without one.

I view it as piece of mind in case I am involved in another accident. The cost of the camera would be a drop in a very large bucket compared to the cost you could be faced with..

Yesterdays right hook: I am doing about 18mph in a clearly marked bike lane and a lady turns in front of me (right hook) to turn into an apartment complex. I slam on brakes and turn in the same direction sharply. I narrowly avoided the accident and yelled "Hey, watch out" or something like that. She stops, rolls her window down and starts going off on me telling me I almost hit her and that I need to learn how to ride a bike. I explain the laws to her and that I had the right of way. She persists on that I need to learn the rules of the road.. I finally tell her we can call the police and I can show them the video (as I point to my camera) and she rolls up window and drives off....

I get right hooked ALL the time, hence the rear facing camera..
Likes For raqball: