Thread: Fork upgrade
View Single Post
Old 06-05-21, 08:35 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Mountain biking through rock gardens, over tree roots, commuting on rough streets with pot holes, jumping curbs etc... Maybe not abuse but definitely heavy duty use. That's why I use heavy duty chromoly steel forks. I wouldn't use a carbon fork for my style of riding.
I don't think anyone here has ever, or would ever recommend a rigid carbon fork for 'actual' mountain biking. The OP's bike, with it's slick tires, low saddle, and extra-high trekking bars looks like an MUP cruiser, so the fork he picked seems use appropriate.

I've never quite figured out why everyone on BikeForums feels like they have to ride through every pothole instead of going around; is there some Rule about deviating from 'The Line' that I'm unaware of? Or why obstacles like that are such a big deal in the first place? Get your butt off the saddle, bend your knees, and shift your weight off the front wheel. Is Riding Light considered a dark art around here?