View Single Post
Old 07-10-10, 08:28 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by dashuaigeh
I think I've got a fairly good idea of how older Shimano component groups (up to around the Dura-Ace 7402...anything that still had DT shifters ) are ordered in terms of quality, lightness, weight, etc (value?). I don't know much on the vintage Campy side of things though; could anyone give me a quick idea of Campy componentry? From what I can see, the ordering goes something like this

Super Record
Record
Chorus
Athena
Centaur
Veloce
Mirage

ordered with best at top. However, I've heard the naming is a bit less consistent with Campy from year to year, and that the era of the groupset matters a lot in terms of its value. Is this accurate?
Also there was a lowend group for a few years int eh early '90s called Xenonn, plus for a few short years there was the Croce De Anue which apparently was not very good as Campy dropped it pretty quick.

there was also a Centar offroad group at onetime (IIRC) and also Olympus

off road although again shortlived Euclid, Centar, Olympus, then most of these dropped by the wayside and Record OR took over.

Record also had tandem parts as a variation at one time, one of the most unusual things I ever saw was a 1 1/4 threaded Record Headset on a Santana

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk