View Single Post
Old 07-10-13, 12:35 PM
milesdavis311

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Full Rebuild - Need Help With Parts!!!

Ok, first of all, let me introduce myself. I've been riding (old) road bikes on and off for a couple years now. I used to live in Columbus, OH, moved to Los Angeles for a while, then back to Columbus, and now I'm in Cincinnati, OH. I apologize ahead of time if these kinds of threads are hated here! This is my first time to these forums, so I'm not familiar with the territory yet.

Now, into the good stuff. I purchased an older Univega Nuovo Sport from a third-hand bicycle shop in Columbus, but pretty much all of the mechanics were rusted out. I have no idea what year it is. I removed everything, sanded down the frame, and am now in the process of repainting it. The parts I need help purchasing are the cassette, crankset, chain, and rear derailleur (and front derailleur?). I know you guys will need more information about my frame to help me with this, but I'm not sure what information you'll need, so I figured I'd wait until someone asks so I can figure it out.

I thought about making it a fixie, but I don't know enough about them to take that route. Also, I love coasting, and the hills in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky are pretty rough.

Ok, so, hello everyone, and thanks in advance!!!