Old 07-21-22, 02:50 PM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
I’m with the OP on this… he lived car free as much as I do… I don’t drive anywhere unless it’s to run an errand for her. Yes I bought her her car 5 years ago… I personally have driven it maybe 200 miles in that time. She works night shift 30 miles away. Commuting to and from work by bicycle or public transportation is impossible. Taxi services here start at 10:00 am and end at 9:00 pm, and buses do t even run anywhere close to where she works along with the time tables to get her to or from work…

I have my own income and she has her own income. Because of her night schedule, she takes car of her own meals and I take care of my own meals. I do most of the household shopping with my bike and panniers. My income covers the rent, utilities, and half the phone bill, and all of my hobbies. Her income covers her gas, insurance, food (for herself), entertainment, and household supplies (that I go purchase by bike). She and I live two separate lives under one roof.
Just like the OP, just because there is a car in the household doesn’t mean I get to see any of the perks or benefits of it.
Likes For M Rose: