Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I still can't get over how some people feel that a person getting on their wheel is so despicable. If I come up on someone's wheel and don't immediately pass them, then it's probably because I can't see around the bend in the road or MUP far enough to know that I can safely pass them. Nor do I like people (usually the people with mirrors) adjusting their speed thinking that they are helping me out because I from a long distance out am planning my arrival with them to be at that place I know I can see far enough ahead to safely pass and not have to get on their wheel since they are such slow pokes anyhow.

Certainly I announce to them that I'm behind them and what I'm doing. But a few don't even give me the chance before they brake on me forcing me to pass in a place where it may not be safe for me to pass. Others will try to tell me to go ahead a pass, but even they can't see around the bend either.
It has been explained enough times that if you don't understand, you don't want to. I wrote it up at least once in this thread myself.

If you can't safely pass, hang back at a respectful distance until you can, not on someone's wheel.
Likes For Bah Humbug: