View Single Post
Old 09-19-22, 08:45 AM
shawnin van

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
they bike is fairly new. Lever position is correct. the caliper works fine, the cable has no kinks and the cable length and routing never changed.. i changed pads when the brakes stopped to bite.. the front ones bite like mad. i first took original pads off and sanded them and used iso 99% on rotor.. no improvement, i tried new organic pads.. no bite. i tried new metalic pads no bite.. i tried adjusting the inside piston of the caliper all the way out.. no difference,, then moved it a bit in so the pads were closer together,, it was a bit better.. still not the bite i like,, i sanded the rotor.. not much difference. i have now put the pads very close to the rotor so the lever has a nice firm fell, but just not the bite i like.. i assume since the front bites hard the back could and should too.. how could the rear rotor be so contaminated there is no bite? i have a downhill bike with hydraulic brakes - i change those pads all the time.. never bed them and they instantly bite like mad.. whats going on here??? any other things to try? could it be the adjustment of how they calliper sits? thats like the only thing i did not do due to not being able to full losten the bolts as rack is in the way.. i take it off by taking mount off,,, should the pads be far away from the rotor?? i have the spacing tool.. they are evenly spaced. but so close i hear the rotor touching the pads when it spins. thats the only way i can get good stopping power.. and yes.. it like it to bite so it would skid... help!