Old 09-04-22, 09:36 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by pashlit
Yes, their web site is clearly states "Comes with only two wires, shifters are wireless". It even mentions "wireless" in several spots. Why would I need to do any more research? I relied on a reputable bike shop I dealt with several times with no issues. I purchased a few groupsets from them and have always been happy. I was under impression that the whole line of the newest Shimano's Ultegras are wireless. I did save screen shots.
Okay, you *may* have a legitimate issue with the shop, but...
I cannot understand why you wouldn't have read over the instruction sheet included with the groupset prior to installing the parts. You would have seen that on rim brake versions, you have to connect wires. At that point, you could have boxed everything back up and brought it back to the shop for a refund. Once it's been opened up and parts have been installed, you may be stuck with them.
Really, connecting wired shifters in Di2 isn't bad, assuming your frame is set up for internal cables/wiring. I have a Di2 equipped bike (Ultegra 11 speed) and found a pair of handlebars that allowed for internal wiring. Other than one short section of wire from the stem to the frame entry, you don't see much of anything. You already have brake cables, and even if you had disc brakes, you still have hydraulic lines you have to deal with on your bars.