Old 09-09-21, 07:43 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Apparently I have a set of stories, and I tell them to new people. So when I met someone new the Missus said, "Oh, you have a new audience you can tell your stories to!" and not in a sarcastic way.

A couple years ago I had to stop to think about where the sugar or something was (I was fixing a cup of coffee for myself). I looked at each cabinet door. I guess I picture what is behind the door, and then I open the door that has the stuff I want. Well, that day when I looked at the cabinets I just pictured black, like pitch night with no lights black. I started opening and closing the cabinet doors. Missus asked me what I was doing. "Looking for the sugar" (or maybe it was the mugs). Third or fourth cabinet, I found it. It was quite nerve-racking to realize that I had no idea where it was.

More recently I've turned to asking Junior the name/word/etc of whatever it was I was trying to remember. Without looking he'll pipe up with the answer.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Likes For carpediemracing: