Old 06-27-21, 04:55 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,077 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
Glad to see you won the Internet today! You might want to work on your attribution, however. That serial # chart looked familiar to me, and I then remembered seeing it on Mark Bulgier’s site:

https://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalo...ialNumbers.jpg

There’s no attribution there, but we can ask @bulgie if he remembers. I vaguely remember Don Gillies was the source but do not know for sure or where he got that info. Clearly, it’s a scanned page from somewhere, hopefully a credible source.
Retro-Raleighs was a website hosted by Ray "Don" Chong. (No, he didn't actually go by Don, that was just me, a riff on Rae Dawn Chong, famous among bikies for her 10-second wheel change in the bike racing move American Flyers)When Ray didn't want to do a website anymore, I asked if I could host his files, and he sent them to me. Later, Sheldon Brown also got the Retro-Raleighs files and did them up right, adding a lot of extra value in the process. My version is just a list of files to download with no HTML; Sheldon's is the definitive home of Retro-Raleighs. The only reason mine still exists is because I'm a packrat who never throws anything away.

I don't know who/where Ray's sources were for Retro-Raleighs. I lost touch with him, don't have contact info for him anymore. If anyone here knows him, maybe you could ask about the ser.# chart, in case he remembers. Also ask him if he still likes the frame I built for him in about '98. All stainless steel; he named it "Inox". But only report back if the answer is yes he still likes it.

Mark B
Likes For bulgie: