Old 10-27-21, 09:35 AM
Steamer
Zircon Encrusted Tweezers

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked 127 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by stevenlsmith87
I am in Blair County, near Altoona. While I know I can get into some elevation where I live, I plan on taking it easy and doing the Rails to Trails. It has been awhile since I have been on a bike and I want to slowly build a base as I mix it in with my running.
Altoid resident here.

There aren't a lot of nearby riding options for relatively flat and smooth trails (i.e. rails to trails). The Lower trail that goes from near Canoe Creek to Alexandria is the main option. There is also the 6 to 10 trail out near Duncansville /Foot of Ten, although it's a bit short and the part of that which is west of Valley Forge Rd. is pretty rough (or at least it used to be). There is also a trail up near Bellwood that goes up the mountain there but I haven't ever been on it.

Rothrock and Bald Eagle State Forests up near State College have all of the gravel roads you'd ever want to ride. But that's also pretty rough (very very rideable with tires 38mm or fatter, though). And that's very much not flat. You are either going up or down a mountain there.

Consider connecting with the Blair Bicycle Club. https://www.blairbicycleclub.org/
Likes For Steamer: