Old 12-01-21, 07:36 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Tiniest Ironman build thread

I've loved doing build (rebuild) threads and so far this year have done a couple of easy ones --- but i will add , easy ones by a lot of you guys' standards . I am suffering from depression this year and i need the easy projects to keep my headspace correct

I have a '69 GMC that i need to begin the proposed frame modifications to in earnest, ----- but its just not that ambitious a winter for me yet and it felt real good to get to get some old road bikes back on the road.

(my garage babies)
Rejuvenated Litespeed - Bike Forums
Build Thread -- 1991 Marin LTD Road bike - Bike Forums
Another new build ! -- neglected USA themed project - Bike Forums
another winter project bike (this one was easy) custom steel single speed - Bike Forums

Sourcing parts and bolting them together is easy work for a lot of you guys' i know, but as said -- i have been finding it pretty satisfying to finally start seeing some floor space as i clear some of these out

So now for the next one ---

The Baby Ironman --- I dont even know why i bought this one but it was languishing on Craigslist for a long time several years ago. I figured i could use the tri color brifters and 8 speed rear wheel for something else if the price was right , and , due to the typical CL non drive side shot, i did not know it had a first generation XTR rear derailleur on it, --- those will definitely be used , ---- but i cant strip 2 or 3 components and toss the rest, ----- especially when its a neat little niche market bike

Plans?
Restore it to a semblance of its factory spec utilizing parts i already have on hand from a couple of other Ironman's i stripped down and modernized for friends over the years ---